The history of our Hotel begins more than a century ago. In 1911, the Formentin Brothers managed a general store in via Pietro D’Abano, with also a tabacconist’s where they sold salt and tobacco.
Between 1911 and 1912, on the land behind the general store, 87° water, with a jet of about 300 liters per minute, was treated on the surface. So, the general store disappeared, the tabacconist’s was moved elsewhere, and the Formentin and Aurora hot springs establishments were created.
After Mr. Vittorio Formentin passed away in 1919, his son Mario took over. He was a medical doctor and a great connoisseur and supporter of the hot springs method as a cure against rheumatic diseases. In 1953, the construction of the “new Formentin” began, a third-category hotel.